Easy to make Greek gyros that take just 20 minutes from start to finish! We’re using a combination of lamb and beef to make these gyros patties tender and delicious. Wrapped inside of a pita and topped with dill tzatziki, this meal it totally weeknight friendly!
- GYROS MEAT:
- 1/2 lb.lean ground lamb
- 1/2 lb. lean ground beef
- 4 cloves garlic, grated
- 1/4 teaspoon all spice powder
- 1/4 cup grated onions (squeezed to remove liquid)
- 1 1/4 teaspoon salt + 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- TZATZIKI SAUCE:
- 1 cup greek yogurt
- 1 clove garlic, grated
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon dill weed (or more!)
- TO SERVE:
- Pita bread
- Sliced onions
- Sliced tomatoes
- In a large bowl combine the ground lamb, beef, garlic, all spice powder, onions, salt, and pepper. Mix to combine. Shape the meat into 12 small patties. Alternately, you could just shape them into 4-5 larger ones. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine the ingredients for the tzatziki sauce. Add salt and pepper to taste. Set aside for serving.
- In a large skillet, heat 1 tablespoon of oil and fry the patties for 3-4 minutes (smaller) and 6 minutes (larger) or until they are cooked to desired doneness.
- Warm the pita bread, layer with meat patties, sliced onions, tomatoes, and lettuce. Top with tzatziki sauce and serve immediately.